In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shameless Promotion: Buy This Movie


Last year, at about this time, I was imploring you to go to the LOGO channel to watch the documentary film Camp Out. As you probably know, Camp Out is a documentary about The Naming Project Summer Camp, the program that I helped to found and still work with. I personally think that it's a very funny movie (it gets funnier every time I watch it) that has some good poignant moments.

Anyway, last year we were excited because Camp Out was having its television debut. Of course, not many of you had LOGO (and probably still don't). If you really want to see the film, you can go to LOGO's web site to watch it in chapters.

Thanks for going to watch the movie (or trying to). Now, I'd like to you to own this movie. Yes, Camp Out is now coming out on DVD on August 5. You can already order it from Amazon.com. So, if you are so inclined to enhance your video library, you can add in a film that features me singing (very poorly, in my opinion) by a camp fire and kids getting uptight over a game of truth and dare. BUY THE MOVIE!

I also mentioned that our 5th camp is starting next Sunday. I'm pretty excited. Camp is always a good time. We have about 10 kids once again (we never get a firm number until the day before). If you are so inclined, you can visit our web site and make a donation to make this summer's camp a success.

Someday, I'll stop promoting this film...no I won't. This is probably my only opportunity to be on television and on a DVD on Amazon. I'll promote it until I die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home