In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Friday, July 11, 2008

Enjoying the Mundane

Usually, I complain that my life is really boring. Not so today.

Since being in San Francisco for two weeks and not getting enough sleep, I'm happy to be at home doing mundane things. I've been doing accounting, entering receipts into Quicken. I've been working on papers that need some work. Soon, I'll have an excursion to go and pick up our vegetable share.

Sigh, it's nice to relax. This is what I think summer is all about. Adventure is one thing, but relaxing is something else.

I realized that I missed a lot while I was gone. A young person that I worked with committed suicide, and I was not able to be at the funeral...much less process with anyone else who knew him. I feel like I missed that death completely.

I have another friend who is struggling with health issues. Being gone and distracted, I felt like it wasn't really happening.

Now that I'm home, I feel like I can fully accept what's going on. I'm not distracted with programs, set-up, or gathering music. I can fully appreciate the difficulty that others have been going through. I guess it's emotional catch-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home