In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Monday, July 21, 2008

Medium Tasks, Medium Week

This is going to be another one of those weeks that is filled with medium-sized tasks. There is no big event that is happening, but the week seems a little full. Of course, every week seems full compared to the restfulness that I've had over the last few weeks (did I mention that I'm getting a lot of sleep?).

I have a test in my MBA program (which I don't seem to be studying for or worrying about...although I probably should do both). This MBA program is easier than I thought it would be. I'm not a business person at all, and I don't know much about management or technology, but I do know communications and sociology, which seem to be the basis for most of these classes. Tomorrow night is the last night of this class, which makes the test a final. I found the class pretty easy, but I'm not used to a test. It's multiple-choice, which is usually the easiest form of testing. However, I'm not sure how you take this discussion-based information that we've been going over for the last 7 weeks and put it on a multiple-choice test. Oh well, after this, we have one session of this "Executive Management" class where we talk about our feelings (sort of like CPE, for those of you who went to seminary), and then we get a month off. And I will enjoy the month off!

I've been going through the financial records of The Naming Project. It was sort of a mess, and it probably still is. I'm hoping that we never get audited, but if we do, we don't deal with enough money to get us in serious trouble. Our account has never exceeded $10,000, so I think we will be safe. Then I realized that a grant deadline is much closer than I realized it was. There's a foundation that we applied for funds from early on in The Naming Project history. At first, they told us that they did not fund religious programs. Now that policy has changed, but then they said that they thought that we were asking for too much money that benefits too few people. That was a few years ago. Lately, I've had people from the foundation asking if I've applied. To be honest, I haven't because in the last few years, I've been too busy and missed the deadline. While I was going through TNP mail, I saw that a letter of inquiry is due by August 1. I'm thinking I can do that. I'll work on it this week.

Speaking of The Naming Project...BUY YOUR OWN COPY OF CAMP OUT! Was that too subtle?

On Tuesday, I am going to a meeting to evaluate Hearts on Fire. I've written about it on here. I think it was good, but there are definite areas for improvement. I already have a report prepared, so this is mainly discussing that report and the evaluation comments we got back. It's over lunch, and it's with friends, so it should be a good time.

I'm calling this week a medium week, because next week is a big week. Next week is The Naming Project Summer Camp. We've still got about 10 kids coming (Our largest attendance is 12. We are hoping to break that record...maybe this year with a last-minute camper?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home