In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Preaching Again

I have agreed to do pulpit supply this Sunday at J's church. I like to preach every so often, but lately, I've had a ton of invitations to preach. When it rains, it pours.

I've been struggling to figure out how to not make this sermon a depressing rant. Frankly, when I saw the assigned texts for this Sunday, I was not impressed. I was reading it in a way that dwells on death and destruction...not very Easter-y.

By this point, I think I've worked some Gospel in there (a necessary ingredient). We'll see what they think.

Fortunately, I still have a day to dwell on it, so I can tweak it even more.

How do you people do this every week? Oh, and by "you people", I mean our clergy friends who read this. It must be hard to keep the message fresh. I have a new appreciation for the work you do!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I sucked it up this Sunday. So I guess the answer is I don't do it really well every Sunday.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home