In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Monday, April 07, 2008

More Shamless Self-Promotion

I haven't talked about Camp Out, the documentary about The Naming Project Summer Camp, lately. To be honest, we are still waiting for Camp Out to come out on DVD. It's been such a long wait, I'm quite frustrated. I feel like this process is dragging on painfully slowly. Every time I talk about the film, I get asked when it's coming out. I think there is a big audience, but it's shrinking with every passing day.

I especially get frustrated with documentaries like For the Bible Tells Me So get a major theater distribution and a DVD release within such a short amount of time. It's hard not to compare our film to others. Essentially, I did the same thing with Jesus Camp, since it came out at the same time as Camp Out.

Well, here's a bright spot for those of you in the greater Twin Cities area (or who want to travel there). Camp Out is showing this Friday and Saturday. The film showings are fund-raisers for The Naming Project Summer Camp. We have a showing this Friday at 7:00 at the First Unitarian Society (900 Mt. Curve Ave in Minneapolis) and a showing at 7:00 at St. Luke Presbyterian Church (3121 Groveland School Road in Minnetonka). There is also some discussion and conversation happening on Sunday morning, April 13 at the First Unitarian Society.

If you are in the area, please stop by to see the film and say hi. I'd love to see you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

Ross, I'm nowhere near Minneapolis, but I'd like to send a donation anyway. Is there a website or something? If not, e-mail me with an address (my e-mail addy is in my profile), and I'll send a check. I think what you are doing is wonderful.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

Why yes, we do have a web site.

www.thenamingproject.org.

Thanks for your support!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home