In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Friday, November 25, 2005

A Quiet Post-Thanksgiving Day

I've spent a great day at home. My family is still here, so we have been playing pinochle like crazy. Today was our "work" day. I raked up a pile of leaves that had blown into our driveway. Actually, I tried to get them before the SNOW that was coming down completely covered them. In all, we probably got 5 inches of snow today. We have been contemplating shoveling, but we hear that the next two days will be above freezing. We'll see how much mother nature takes care of for us.

I think I really appreciate this being at home. In other years, when we are with my other half's family, we have gotten up to shop at the mall. As many of you know, the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year. I'm not a big consumer. I tend to fall into the camp of people who celebrate "Buy Nothing Day" on the day after Thanksgiving. But a few years ago, we make a joke that it would be fun to get up and try to get all the free stuff. So every year that we are out in Seattle, we visit the mall. We run through and grab the free stuff, but we usually don't buy anything. Even if we are tempted to pick something up, the lines usually deter us.

Actually, we were woken up this morning by a call from my other half's sister. It was 6:00 AM in Seattle, and she and his mother were both in line outside some store. She told us that it wasn't as fun without the two of us. I guess we can turn anything into an adventure.

To be honest, I think I prefer relaxing or doing little projects at home. But we won't tell them that. Quality family time is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home