In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Dedication....or Workaholic? You decide!

My family is visiting, and I'm downstairs surfing the internet. That's right, I'm bringing my work home with me. I've been a good son and grandson all day long. Now I'm going to try to finish some work projects.

I'm working on a conference. I'm trying to contact anyone I can who is connected with faith, spirituality, and the GLBT community. That means using a lot of search engines and following a lot of links. At work, I was researching every college and university in the upper midwest. Now I'm doing this search. All so that I can get enough addresses to make up a stupid postcard mailing.

I'm excited about this conference, but I'm feeling very under the gun. We've dedicated ourselves to the speakers and entertainment, so this thing has to go. Now I just need to convince faith-based and GLBT organizations to sponsor the event...and college students to register for the event. All in two months...with Christmas in between. I'm such a glutton for punishment!

Wish me luck. Eventually, I might post something here for you to see what I'm working on. It should be good...if it goes.

GULP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home