In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Thursday, November 10, 2005

More Dreary Days

It seems like I have a cycle of topics to cover. Either I gush about my friends, wonder about this coffee house, or complain because the fall makes me depressed.

Today was another one of those days. I just had this cloud over me the whole day. I didn't have motivation to do anything.

I dropped my other half off this morning, and we didn't leave on good terms. So I spent the better part of the day thinking that we were mad at each other. We've since talked, and are in a much better place. Still, it puts a damper on your day.

A big news item today (which was building up before today) is a major "Pastor's Summit" to get clergy support for a constitutional amdendment banning same-sex marriage. I wasn't there, but several of my friends were. A few of my clergy friends went inside to take notes. I think the event affected me, even though I wasn't there. It's hard to get your work done when you know people are plotting your demise.

I'm praying that tomorrow and this weekend are much better days for me. I want to be productive, and enjoy my work. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dodd said...

We shall overcome some day. Rather, the Word of God will overcome if we continue to listen and bear witness in season and out. (And I am another who gets depressed by fall!)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

Thanks, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one. Sometimes, it feels as though you are all alone.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home