In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Shopping

We just had a conversation at home about the current economy. Many businesses and manufacturers are hurting, but so are the non-profits. When money is tight, people give less. This really hurts organizations that are working hard to make a difference in the world.

Think about it. What would you rather have your money do? Keep a car company afloat, so the executives can get another bonus? Purchase something so that it can churn the economic engine? Or would you like to fund cancer research? Wipe out sexism? Send a kid to camp?

I, for one (and I think I'm taking Richard with me on this), have decided that my money can do the most good by sending it directly to the non-profits that affect our lives the most. Purchasing a new TV (since our old one is analog anyway) would be nice, and it would help the retailer. But sending $100 or $500 to camps, colleges, social service agencies, and advocacy groups would go a long way to helping them out.

Yes, our TV money is going to non-profits. Think about it. Join me. Fund a revolution.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRY I'M GOING TO HELP THE ECONOMY AND EMPLOY PEOPLE >g

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home