In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

North Shore

I spent the weekend traveling to a friend's wedding. It was in Tofte, MN, which is way up on the North Shore of Lake Superior. That made for quite a drive (about 4 hours). I couldn't leave work until 2:30, so I didn't get there until sunset. Richard rode up with friends who were leaving earlier. It had been years since I was on the North Shore, so it was fun to relive my memories of this area. I drove by Gooseberry Falls, and Split Rock Light House...blast from the past.

We stayed at Bluefin Bay Resort, and the wedding and all the celebrations were there. We had decided to go into an "apartment"-style place with friends. We had three bedrooms, a jacuzzi, and a super view of the lake. Richard got some good photos...maybe he'll post them on his blog.

It was a lovely weekend. It was like a vacation with a wedding attached.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home