In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Thursday, October 30, 2008

What Shape Am I?

I've had a lot of late nights this fall. That means that my morning routine of working out has fallen off. I'm trying to protect my sleep as much as possible. Last night, I had a class that went until 9:00. I convinced Richard to take me to Applebee's afterward. Applebees (at least in our area) has 1/2 priced appetizers and reductions on beer. It's been a nice place to go if we just want a little quick, cheap food.

The problem is that after I eat it, I feel gross. Especially when I eat it and go straight to bed. This morning, I woke up still feeling full from the food I ate last night. I've never believed that Applebees has super-high quality food, but it's good enough for my consumption. But I need to rethink that. I also need to stop eating after 8:00 at night. Both of those seem like they are not good for me. I feel gross and bloated

In short, I need to get in shape. My morning exercise routine was nice, while it lasted, but it never lasts too long. Last week, at a party, about 75% of the people there were members of the same gym (where the hosts also go, which is why they were invited). In short, they were beautiful people who were in great shape. This made Richard and I start talking about joining a gym. Of course, it probably won't happen until this MBA program is over, but it would be good to feel better.

Right now, this is all talk. We've done a lot to improve the food we take in (except for this 9:00 PM eating at Applebees). The major next step we need to take is to undergo a serious exercise routine. We were even looking at one of those "boot camp" style programs. This would also be in the morning, but we would have a teacher and a class to keep us accountable. Could I handle it? It's 8 weeks long? I'm not sure.

That's the assessment on my health. How are you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

We're struggling, too. We always say "Hey, I'm in shape - round is a shape!" It's been tough finding time to exercise, but one thing that has helped has been the gym. You might want to give that class a shot.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi;
Don't you think it is about time for an update????!!!
G

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home