In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Shorter Commute

I apologize for the poorly scrawled posting last night. I was still at work, I was tired, it was late. Clearly, not a lot of editing goes into these things.

Yes, I was at work late last night...just because Richard is attending a workshop on my campus and I waited for him before going home. We had dinner together, and then he went to his workshop and I spent some time studying for my finance class.

This morning, my commute was cut back down to a more normal size. For the last year, I've been trying to find alternative routes to get to work. The I-35W bridge was my main route, and once it collapsed, it left me with difficulty finding a way to get to work. For one thing, it was the only direct route. Everything else was clearly out of the way. Secondly, I battled traffic for a long time, getting into work and going home.

But this morning, the I-35W bridge has reopened, and my trip to work was smooth as silk. Once again, I'm at work very early, ready to face the day. I'm happy that the bridge is back. It was sure missed. The news says that there are so many sensors in the bridge that it's the most monitored bridge in the country. I hope that means that it will be a safe bridge for many years t come.


In memory of those who lost their lives on August 1, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home