In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Little Dry

I'm a little dry, creatively, that is. This morning, I don't feel like I have much to report. Of course, I'm doing things, but I don't want my blog to simply be a log of my daily activities.

I guess if I were to choose an overall theme, it's the transition from summer to fall. My time off for the summer is coming to an end. All those summer projects that were supposed to get done...they are due. I few weeks ago, I scraped the eves on our house, with the intention of repainting them. Now they look all scraped, and I haven't yet found the paint. Gotta get it done.

There are some other household projects like that. Back steps in the yard, trimming bushes. House-type stuff.

And then there is reading for me. I'm on a month break from the MBA program, so this was my chance to read books that had interest for me. Also, looking ahead to a PhD program. I did some work, and I still have a lot more to do, but my time is running out.

I've started going back into work pretty regularly. It's not full days yet, but I am feeling the beginning of the year crunch. September always is nuts, just because there is so much activity, and projects that should have been completed in the summer. I scamper around quite a bit. Add too the fact, that I've agreed to teach two classes (one by myself and one team taught with a co-worker), and I think I've made a very busy fall for myself.

So, that doesn't make for exciting blog posts, but it's where I'm at. Can you relate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home