In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Cleaning House

Yup, that's what I've been doing most of the day. We have a Christmas party at our house next weekend, so we need to make the place look nice for it.

Here's the problem: we have a dog. And he will undoubtly want to take a walk within this next week. And he will track dirt all over the nice kitchen floor that I mopped today.

I always have a sad feeling when I have just cleaned something, or even done the dishes, and then there is something that messes it up, like a dirty glass. Even today, I had cleaned the kitchen, and my other half (trying to help) carried up some food we were going to use for our party next week. I, somewhat mockingly, flipped out that he had "ruined my beautiful kitchen" by placing a jar of salsa and a can of pineapple on the counter (don't worry, those two will not be cooked or served together).

Even after my little hissy-fit, I started to put some stuff back on the counters. Yup, my kitchen is full again. And not just because of him. I had a part in it as well. Mea culpa.

So, that's been my Sunday afternoon. I hope yours was almost as exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home