In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Two Book Recommendations

I've stayed up way too late reading Wicked, by Gregory Maguire. I'm sure many of you have read it. If you haven't I highly recommend it. I'm only about half way through, and it's already changing the way I view The Wizard of Oz. Of course, it's already been made into a musical, but I'm not sure the musical can hold a candle to the original book. Read the book, even if you have already seen the musical.

The other book is non-fiction. For all of you looking for a more positive look at GLBT life in the church, I point you toward James Alison and his book Faith Beyond Resentment. I think it matches the way I view the church right now. Now, all we need is a Lutheran to write something similar.

I'll unpack that last comment in a later post. For now, it's late, and I must sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home