In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fashion Forward

Before all the hubbub of the birth of my niece (did I mention that I have a NIECE!?!?!?), I was planning to write about our visit to the Envision Spring 2009 Fashion Show.

A few weeks ago, Richard sent our friend, Mike, and I a link to this fashion show and asked if we wanted to go. None of us have been to a real fashion show, you know, with a runway and all. We decided that it would be a fun adventure. So we went for it!

So, first of all, we didn't notice a few details. This fashion show was on Holy Saturday. Actually, only part of it was during Holy Saturday. It actually began at 9:00 PM and went until 2:00 AM. Apparently, our Easter vigil would involve high fashion. We had planned that we would NOT be going to a sunrise service either. It looked like 11:00 was our time. Alas, it was not to be. My new niece eclipsed everything.

But back to fashion!

We decided to go to dinner before the show. When we arrived, they were doing an "interactive hair show". That means that we were watching models get their hair done out on the runway. Of course, every hairstyle was this outrageous design that either went straight up or created these HUGE curls.

We had paid a little extra to be considered VIPs. Apparently, VIP means that you get a chair. I was glad that we sprung for the extra cash. My legs would have killed me if I had to stand for the entire show.

When the show started, I noticed that female models walk really strangely. Richard though they looked like horses walking. I thought some looked like chickens. Also, I think that most models have too much eye makeup. They all look like they are goth to me.

There were several different designers featured. Some were pretty simple (t-shirt and jeans). Some were strange and outlandish. One designer had a line of dresses based on a clown theme. They even had the pointy hat. Who would ever wear that?

All in all, we thought that the night was really fun. We decided that we could do it again. I don't think that we consider ourselves fashionistas, but we know how to have a good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home