In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Guthrie Update

OK - someone expressed an interest, so here's my quick and dirty review of Two Gentlemen of Verona. It is probably also a review of the new Guthrie (which is coming a few years too late).

Loved the show. I had not read or seen Two Gentlemen before, so I was not familiar with the plot. They set it as a 1950s teenie-bopper movie, which worked out really well. That genre really matches the story line.

Now, onto other things: those seats are NOT comfortable. My back began to hurt partway through the first act. It's like sitting on a bench, only with less room.

Also, why are the bathrooms hidden? For a theater that has a bunch of "cool" things, those are the most boring bathrooms ever.

Anyway, it was a good night out. It cost us very little and we had a good time. I recommend having a hot date night with your special someone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Korla said...

I don't know if the men's rooms are this way or not, but the lighting in the women's restrooms is pee-colored. This means that no amount of looking at the seat will reveal what's on it.

I really, really disliked the new Guthrie at first. I'm still far from sold on it, but it is ever so slowly growing on me. (Did I mention slowly.)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home