In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guncle

My sister is great with child. She sent an email this morning to let us know that her water broke and that she is in the hospital now. She seems to think that this is going to take a while longer, so I don't know much else about her pregnancy.

My sister's child is the first grandchild of my parents. This means that it's a pretty big deal in our family. I'm also pretty excited. This is my first opportunity to be a "guncle"

A classmate of mine use the word "guncle" when referring to her uncle and his partner. They have always been a part of her life, so she decided that they would be her gay uncles - guncles.

Richard has nieces and nephews, but they don't call me "uncle". I've been a part of their lives, but I'm still an "outsider". So this time, I will have a niece/nephew of my own.

I don't know the sex of the baby. I don't know the planned names. I won't know much at all.

But I will be a GUNCLE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

My guncle is one of the most important people in my life. I am sure you two will be the same for Naomi.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home