In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Just Like Summer!

A realization hit me yesterday...

Summer is almost here!

I happen to think that summer is the best season of the year. The days are warm. The sun stays out past 8:00 at night (later, depending on where you are). My work schedule is much quieter. I am able to travel quite a bit without feeling rushed every time I come home. I think that my stress diminishes in the summertime.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that we got a few inches of snow, so I feel like winter still has its grip on us. However, our classes are almost out for the year, so my schedule is about to open up quite a bit. Yea! People may argue that summer doesn't begin until the end of June. However, for many of us, the seasons are determined by the academic year. When school is out, then summer is here. Next week, school is letting out, so summer has come to me!

I have to celebrate now, because I tend to get down in the fall. I want to enjoy the increasing light. I like that I am now walking my dog in full daylight instead of darkness. I like that I don't have to take the hallways to walk around campus. I can cut through the quad. I haven't yet started wearing a lot of short-sleeved shirts, but I don't wear a jacket either.

Yes, summer is well on its way! That lifts my spirits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home