In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Monday, November 20, 2006

Thank you for...


We've been emphasizing Thanksgiving for the last couple of weeks around here. It's been amazing. People who generally grumble about quite a bit have really opened up to talk about what they are thankful for.

As for me, I'm thankful for quite a bit:

My blues of earlier this fall have faded away, and I'm excited to look to the future.

Even though I'm always busy, I'm glad to have something to do.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach a class, even thought it scares me to death!

I'm thankful that I have a loving family who truly cares about my well-being. I'm also thankful that we laugh as much as we do.

I'm thankful to have a group of friends that can share our lives with one another in the most supportive way possible.

I give thanks for my prospects.

I'm thankful that we have been able to weather cold winters and high heating bills.

I'm thankful for everything I have learned through some financial hardship. It's not easy to live on a small budget, but we have learned how to do it and how to thrive!

I'm thankful that thoughtful reader comment on this blog to encourage. Most of you are strangers, but I'm thankful for you.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home