In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Where Am I in October?

I'm buried under a pile of paperwork.

October is typically a very busy time for me. Most of my programming happens within a few weeks within October (and February). However, this year there is a bit more going on. The grant I work with is ending, and a new grant is beginning. That means that I need to make proposals about what to do with this grant money. I'm supposed to come up with a plan to stretch this money (not much of it, by the way) to create two new programs, while keeping the old ones going.

I also need to fill out a performance appraisal in the next week or so. I don't often enjoy writing about myself and my job description. I guess I have the attitude that if I'm doing good work, it should be evident. Why do I need to comment on it? I know that it's important in the decision-making process of what to do with me later, but I just don't want to do that right now.

So, this next week, I'm writing two proposals for what to do with new money. I'm also trying to write two proposals to keep some of my programs from dying out completely. All that, plus a performance review, and still meeting with students. It's a little much for me.

Of course, that's just my paying job. TNP is still going. We are talking about going to follow our film in Chicago in two weeks. We still haven't figured out travel. The three of us are never available at the same time, so communication is difficult. I hope I make it through this busy time unscathed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home