In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ring My Bell


My sister's wedding is on Sunday. Today, I'm getting all the "stuff" together to drive up to my parent's house for the weekend. The wedding is in my hometown, which is a five-hour drive away. Because I live in the big city, I need to pick up some food and supplies to make the weekend go smoothly.

I always enjoy going to my parent's house. It's always calm and relaxing. I think this weekend is going to be a lot less calm than my other trips up north, but it is going to be a good time. We have a lot of family coming. I believe most of them are camping out in my parent's front yard for the weekend.

To add to the fun, I agreed to play the organ for Sunday morning worship. Then, I'll need to go and change into my tux and get ready for the wedding. Yes, it's going to be a very full weekend. I'm standing by my sister for the wedding, and my other half is going to be standing by me.

Because my other half is a part of the wedding party, it makes for interesting bulletin reading. You know how they always define the relationship of the wedding party to the bride and groom. Right now, by his name, it reads "Brother in Law of the Bride". Except that doesn't always fit on there. For a while, we joked about writing, "'Special' Friend of Brother of the Bride". That didn't fit either, so we're back to Brother-In-Law.

Wedding bells will be ringing up north!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the wedding?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

The wedding was great! My sister has few opinions on weddings, so I had quite a bit of influence. It was a good service, and a nice chanse to see family and friends. I was quite pleased with the weekend. I'm also very happy for my sister.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home