In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Monday, August 14, 2006

Back from the Island

I've returned from TNP Camp 2006!

It was a great week. We actually had 12 kids. That's a 50% increase over last year, and two more than I predicted in my last post. We had one kid who has been there all three years. Two years ago, he seemed like he was totally lost. He didn't even have the will to read his poem about death in front of the group. This year, he wrote a song, using themes from the week, and sang it to the whole group. It was excellent! It was emotional all around.

Our week also had it's challenges. Within a five hour block, we had a theft accusation, a trip to the emergency room (I got to do that), and one of our directors being so mad that he swore in front of campers (I missed that one). On the whole, I feel good about the week. I hope that we can continue this work in the future.

I've spent the last few days working on our apartment building. We are getting ready for some new tenants. There is a lot of cleaning and painting to be done. Ah, the mundane life when you get off the mountaintop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home