In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Harping on Cleveland Too Much?

I was asked about more details about Cleveland, so I'll share them here.

We arrived on Thursday. My other two colleagues went to explore the sights, while I met up with a friend from Belgium. She's not Belgian, but she and I were exchange students in the same year. It's been ten years since I've seen her, and I've never seen her in the US. When I first saw her, she said, "You cut your hair." Yes, about nine years ago!

We had lunch for three hours, and caught up. It was great! Then they came to see our film,

On Friday (I still get these days mixed up) we slept in, which was nice. Then we did go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. It was pretty cool, but J was the one who was REALLY excited for it. I just humored him.

Then, we drove to Austintown, near Allentown. That's where J's friend, DoubleP lives (it's amazing how everyone can be identified as blog-people. He also came to the show on Thursday, and he wanted to show us his home and his church. For some reason, church people like to show off their churches...and all three of us really wanted to see it (church nerds that we are).

Then, we drove to eat dinner and drink margaritas with my other colleague's sister-in-law. Then, we hurried back to Cleveland for our second showing. This one was even more full than the first, and we got to talk to people for a lot longer than the first night.

No crazy people talked to me that evening. We went to a bar afterward, and some people who saw the film told us they wanted to sponsor campers for the future. So, I guess it was a good trip!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to point out that I said, "You cut your hair!" after YOU commented on my hair not being red anymore....which it hasn't been since 1996. You started it.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home