In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Monday, March 13, 2006

Snow Day!


I'm having a snow day today!

My mom was flying through yesterday. In fact, our plan was to meet her for breakfast while she had a layover in Minneapolis. Instead, she called and said that she got bumped from her flight and was going to stay in Austin, TX for an extra day. Later that day, she called back and said that she was getting shuttled to San Antonio for a flight last night. I was going to pick her up and she was going to stay overnight at our place.

Her flight this morning was to be at 9:00, so we had to get up at 6:00 to get her there. When we looked outside, there was 5 inches of snow, and it was still coming down. I think by now we have at least 8 inches. The airline said that their flight was going as scheduled, but we decided that we couldn't leave the house without getting stuck. So, my mom is here for an extra day.

My college tells me they are open, but I'm sure a lot of people are stuck at home like me. I'm going to wait until about noon to see if the roads look any better. In the meantime, I can take an extra day to do some small projects. The other nice thing about my mom being here is that we can continue to plan for our Italy trip, which is coming up in a couple of months.

I'm going to enjoy this snow day! Almost as much as I'm enjoying the photo at the top of the post!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad K said...

How about another snow day? I can handle this...Paz

12:19 PM  
Blogger bjm said...

Thanks for the hospitality Ross. I enjoyed the snow day also.
Mom

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home