In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, January 28, 2006

In Between Gigs

I apologize for the profanity of my past post...but sometimes there's only one way to go.

In between gigs...that's what I feel like right now. The high of the conference has pretty much warn off. This Thursday, I head to Phoenix for the ELCA Youth Ministry Extravaganza. It's always a good time. I'm going to be presenting a couple of workshops, and doing a lot of schmoozing with folks from around the country. I always have a good time at the Extravaganza, and it's not usually related to the program. I just make it a good time.

So, what do I do when I'm between gigs? Apparently, I just sit around on my butt all weekend. I could be preparing workshops or doing something, but my motivation level is pretty low right now. I feel like I should be doing something, but I'm not.

One of the things I feel like I should be doing is reading. I've not been reading much lately. I want to read, but when I actually sit down to do it, the motivation is gone. Bummer.

Why on earth should I feel so bored, when there are a million things to do?

Maybe because doing nothing (or nothing worthwhile) is a necessity. Probably the main reason I'm trying to do nothing is that I'm still getting healthy from a set of annoying sicknesses. Doing nothing is part of my grand plan. I don't want to be sick while I'm in Phoenix...that would be horrid. So, I'm doing what I need to do...or rather not doing what I shouldn't do, in order to let my body reset itself.

The catch is that I'm such a do-er that this is difficult for me. I like to be busy with lots to do. I'm working against my natural instinct.

Only one more day of this, and it's back to work and business. I need to savor the nothingness while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home