In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Processing the Weekend

It has been a full, busy couple of days. I don't have time to go into all the details right now (today looks to be a very busy day as well), but the highlights include:

* Shopping with J for a nice conference display unit

* A Q Youth Festival with 135 kids where J and I tried to recruit kids to our Youth Group. I haven't gone into a lot of detail about my youth group. There is a link to the side, if you are interested.

* A wine and cheesecake social function held right in the sanctuary of an Episcopal Church. At least no one used the baptismal font for a trash receptacle.

* Picking up my parents from the airport during a layover and having lunch.

* A hot birthday date for my other half that included the film Brokeback Mountain. He cried. I'm unemotional.

And now I'm here on a Sunday morning, just trying to get my thoughts together. If today goes as smoothly as I hope, I will be attending the baptism of a friend's child, attending the ordination of another friend, installing an antenna on our roof, and facilitating our youth group. I like busy days, but I haven't had much opportunity to reflect. I'll come back and fill in the gaps later...maybe tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home