In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Reporting Back

My conference was a success!

I feel very pleased with how the conference went. I'm finding that others agree with me (including my co-planners). Today, I was able to have lunch with a few of the attendees, and we re-hashed details of the conference. The biggest complaint was our lack of publicity.

They really liked our workshops and the keynote presenters.

Yea!

I think I really live for this stuff. I was stressed all weekend, but I feel incredibly elated about the experience. It's like an athlete, I work through the stress to get to the joy at a good project.

We closed with worship at a nearby church. In addition to our conference being present, it was RIC Sunday (better explained here). A mixed voice GLBT choir sang. It was a beautiful service. We sang "All Are Welcome" by Marty Haugen, and I started to get an emotional feeling in my heart. This same song, just two years ago closed out another major conference I worked on. The feelings rushed right back. It's a beautiful song, and a beautiful way to cap off a great weekend.

I'm not going to write much else now, but I wanted to share how excited I am about the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home