In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Forsee a VERY LONG Travel Day

I'm getting ready to head out to Seattle to be with Richard's family for Christmas. We do this trip quite a bit, so I'm used to it. The flight is pretty long (close to 4 hours). However, I'm using my super powers of peering into the future, and I see a much longer travel day ahead of me.

First of all, pretty much the entire US (or at least the parts that I care about) are under a winter storm. I shoveled three times yesterday, just to keep the driveway passable. When calling out to Seattle, they are predicting a foot of snow today. I think that means that I'll be sitting, either in the airport or (worse) on the tarmak, waiting to take off.

Secondly, we are not going to be visiting relatives that live right next to the airport. Instead, we will be driving to Richard's mom's, which is a little over an hour north of Seattle, which is about 30 minutes north of the airport. And it's Christmas. And there is a foot of snow. At one time, she was going to pick us up and we were going to play in Downtown Seattle, but with the snow, we are just treking up to her place to hunker down for the week.

Once we get there, all will be well. I bet we'll drink hot cocoa (hopefully with a little Irish Cream in it!), and chat. She has a lovely house, so I'm excited about being there. Just not excited about getting there (on this particular day).

I hope your Christmas travel plans are save and that you end the day with those you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home