In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's Butt Freakin' Cold

Back in my singer-songwriter days (they were few), a friend and I wrote a little ditty. It was entitled "Butt Freakin' Cold". I've posted this song before, back in the early days of this blog. Since the thermometer I read this morning in Northern Minnesota read -25 degrees (with a wind chill factor of -50), I think that song is appropriate for this weekend, so I will share it with all of you.

I don't have a YouTube video of us singing or anything cool like that. You will just have to live with the lyrics.

Chorus:
It's butt freakin' cold.
I can't feel my nose.
It's butt freakin' cold.
Snot is freezing in my nose.
It's butt freakin' cold.
I feel numb.

Stanza 1:
I went to bed just the other night
And I woke up before the dawn's early light
Because the covers fell off and I could see
That the cold was really getting to me
And I was curled in a ball in the middle of the bed
And if I couldn't find my blanket, I knew I'd be dead
because...(chorus)

Stanza 2:
I jumped off the dock and into the lake.
And as soon as I did, I started to shake.
I looked at the lifeguard, and what did I see
A big pair of mittons, clapping at me!
because... (chorus)

I can't remember if there are more stanzas or not. Stay warm this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home