In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Working in San Francisco

Yes, I'm still making you believe that I have this glamorous lifestyle where I jet-set from one coast to the other. Trust me, it's not like that...not at all.

I've been in San Francisco since Thursday, doing preparation for Hearts on Fire. This weekend, I walked several local planners through the university where the conference is going to be held. We realized that this is a big, confusing campus, so we will need to mark our path quite well. I also hope that we have some golf carts to help people with transportation.

Registration opened last week, and we have four registrations so far! Yea! From now on, I'm going to be a bit obsessive about checking that number. I love to see it go up, and I want to look at the new folks who registered. I don't know some of the people who have registered, which is a good thing. They are not the "usual suspects", but some new people with some excitement!

I'm trying to get a lot done, because classes begin tomorrow and my time will likely run out. In fact, I'm too late. My MBA class already met last week, and I have a ton of homework dumped on me from that. This is my last chance to work on this somewhat uninterrupted.

As I work, my excitement for the event grows. I've let it be known that I consider the last Assembly that I worked on to be one of my greatest accomplishments. Not that I haven't done other cool stuff, but I had such a great feeling from that event. I want to re-capture that feeling again.

I communicated with the director of the GCN conference that I went to last week. He detailed exactly what I feel about the Assembly. When you are leading up to it, you have increasing stress. When it happens, you want it to be over, so you can get your life back. When it's over, you are devastated!

Maybe my addiction is conferences?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that I am with you on the addiction thing!! GCN 09 Baby!!! So, I guess we are praying for EACH OTHER!! Hang in there!! I'm proud of yoU!

Dennis
GCN Conference Director

7:17 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I've penciled in the dates of the conference in my calendar. I'll be sure to register when I'm $$ able. It's on my radar though!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, your addiction is conferences... and it's affecting others...

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home