In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Little Blue Dots

I am at my parents house for the weekend. It's always a relaxing time with them. Their house (the house where I grew up) is waaaay out in the woods. We live 15 miles out of our tiny town, and it is in the woods.

The theme of these last few weeks for my family has been blueberries. They are ripe right now and the picking is good. When I got here last night, we ate ice cream with blueberries on it. This morning, I dumped a ton of blueberries on my cereal. Then, my mom and I went out to the woods near our house to pick some more. My mom has been doing this picking for a week or so. She told me that after picking for a day, she can still see little blue dots when she tries to fall asleep at night. That's dedication!

Of course, we can eat them a lot faster than we can pick them. After all the blueberries I've eaten, I'm getting a little concerned about what my future bathroom experiences are going to be like. If nothing else, they will be colorful!

It's also the fair this weekend. It's not the state fair, and it's not even the county fair. We have a district fair in our little town. There's some rides (they were way cool when I was a kid). There is a lot of 4-H stuff (I wasn't in 4-H, so I can't describe it very well. Think of it as scouting for farm kids). There are a lot of displays and some food. Our church runs a food booth, so my parents are going to work there for the evening.

Tomorrow, I'll head to camp to be there for a few days. It's Fine Arts Camp, and I'm either helping out or just hanging out. We'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger LoieJ said...

Thanks for letting me know that the blues were ready. DH loveeeeees to pick them.

1:13 PM  
Blogger David said...

When I was a kid growing up in Michigan, we would spend a month each summer with my grandparents in the U.P. I picked and ate plenty of those little blue dots!

12:07 AM  
Blogger mark said...

I appreciate that you are unafraid to blog about your "bathroom experiences." That makes my day.

2:23 PM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

We found some too. See picture on my blog. I'm interested in hearing your reflections on the last week if you care to share them. Ditto on any "changes" you may have noticed.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home