In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Friday, July 14, 2006

Did I Mention I'm Back?


Yes, I've returned from San Antonio. My posts were brief and didn't really tell the whole story. I've been challenged and shaped by this week. Not all of it was positive, but I know that I've grown because of the experience.

The photo of the kids dancing with the lights is my favorite photo of the whole trip. I think the effect is incredible. Death-metal Christian band, the Newsboys, are playing in the background. We don't really care about them. We are having our own fun!

My workshop to the LYO went really well. I was able to say everything that I wanted to say. I did even better than my outline called for. While I was speaking, some other point came up in my mind. These points were what really stuck in people's minds. I also got some invitations for follow-up with some synods. That's some pretty good news as well.

I also discovered a day after my workshop that a trailer for Camp Out is on the Camp Out website. I wanted to show a trailer, but I didn't think that one existed. Bummer. However, I was told that the workshop was strong without the trailer.

Now I need to buckle down at home and get some much-needed work done.

The photo is a banner of all the churches I traveled with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home