In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Saturday, December 05, 2009

My Jesus Year

I'm 33 years old today. Happy birthday to me!

I started this day by running some neti pot water through my sinuses (sexy image, I know). I just got home from getting my free mocha from Caribou Coffee. Tonight, my co-workers are having a party that will involve some birthday celebrations. It's a good day!

Many of my religion-oriented friends refer to 33 as the "Jesus year". Popular understanding is that Jesus lived to 33 when we was arrested, mocked, and killed. If I can make it past 33, I will have lived longer than Jesus (probably proving definitively that I am not the savior of the world).

There is a bit of morbidity in my understanding of my 33rd year. I hope that I do more to get through this year than just "not dying". Of course, after Jesus died, he did a lot more, so perhaps I need to have higher expectations for my birthday.

For those of you who have already had a 33rd birthday, what expectations did you have for your life by that point?

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I just found your blog and I have to say that I thought, when I turned 33, that nothing too great would happen. Shortly after my birthday, I went on a date with this guy and we were married a week before my 34th birthday (which I celebrated on our honeymoon in Europe).

So, yeah, I think 33 is a great age!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home