In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Friday, August 31, 2007

Traffic Update

OK - I made it into work. The bridge is still closed. As I was driving in, I heard the radio say that they were planning to open it today sometime after rush hour, so maybe I'll get to drive it on the way home.

They also reminded me of something else. This bridge is the best viewpoint for people to see the collapsed 35W bridge. If I do drive on it this afternoon, there are going to be a lot of people, gawking at the wreckage. Not a safe traffic senario.

One other point, I am now nervous driving on bridges. I have never been nervous about that before. I had a friend in high school who freaked out when going over bridges, and I made fun of her. Now every time I cross a bridge, I have a little freak out until I know that the solid ground is beneath me.

1 Comments:

Blogger LoieJ said...

While I can understand getting freaked out on bridges, and have done so myself on certain bridges, in reality, we ought to consider how much unthinking trust we put in the other drivers around us on the road: are they paying attention, did they tune their car, fix the breaks, are they reaching for their McDonald's burger when they should be seeing the pedestrian?

I blogged about this kind of trust on 8/14/2007. I don't think anybody read that post. I wrote it after being in a car on a busy road when a jerk make a choice to take a big chance. We could have had a head on collision.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home