In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Settling in for the Winter

My apologies to all those faithful readers of this blog. I've phoned in the last two entries. I was tired, and I felt I should get something up there.

The other part of it is that after my summer of adventure and travel, life now seems, well...rather dull. Now I'm going to work and doing the same things on a routine. At least when I'm telling you about travels and excitement, I feel like I'm sharing something.

But here's the rub: The best bloggers that I read (note the list to the right), they also write about mundane things that happen in everyday life. And they make it compelling to read.

So, maybe I need an attitude adjustment concerning what is worthy to write about. Or I need to start seeing my everyday life in a new perspective. The sacred exists in the mundane, so why shouldn't that be shared with everyone?

2 Comments:

Blogger LoieJ said...

As chilly as it was this morning, I hope you don't say "winter" yet.

I have the same mixed feelings about blogging about "spiritual" matters, but if they aren't part of daily life, then my life has less meaning.

I like the blogs which can do both, but are able to be more sucinct than my writing style. Darn it.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Speaking as one who's been posting memes, sermons and links for the past two weeks, I wonder if I should be taken off your list to the right. :-)

Don't worry about being tired - you should be if you didn't get any down time from your wonderfully active vacation! And, to be honest, don't we all "phone it in" from time to time?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home