In Lay Terms

Random Ramblings From a Church Nerd

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Well...here we go...

OK - after a lot of personal resistance and consideration, I've decided that I'm going to try this blog thing.

I'm not promising that I'm going to be any good at it. I'm not even going to promise that I'm going to be regular about it. I'm going to write when I have time...and when I'm inspired.

One of the reasons I'm doing this is that I used a write a column for a free local newspaper. It was a small column in a tiny newspaper. The paper suddenly went under, and I lost that "job". I realized that I missed trying to organize my thoughts for an audience. Especially an audience I didn't really know. It was fun to have a deadline. I was saying whatever I wanted and trying to get people to understand things the way I did. I'm not sure I always did a great job at explaining my point of view. I'm hoping that practicing my writing on this blog might help to hone my writing skills.

Another reason for writing this blog is that it must be more personally beneficial than laying on the sofa, watching TV.

What to write about? Right now, my head is swimming with all sorts of half-baked ideas. Perhaps it's best to let this initial post sit. Then I can aspire to write stuff like my blogging hero.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Bussen said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I too enjoy the blogging of your mentor J. I look forward to the unfolding of life in Minnesota (I was just there to run your Marathon. Great fun! Good weather! Badly needed moment at a most difficult time for me and my parish. Bravo Minnesota!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home