I've noticed that I haven't been a very grateful person lately. I can get wrapped up in what I have to do or what's going on. Sometimes I'm feeling like life is one big "to-do" list. And it get tiring. However, since this is the time to be thankful, I'll be thankful.
Things I'm thankful for:
- My wonderful family, both here in Minneapolis and Up North who loves me and cares for me.
- An Other Half who is funny and incredibly resourceful.
- Employment that allows me to live a comfortable life (but not too comfortable).
- That I've been eating healthy food for so long now.
- That I have two days off this Thanksgiving weekend to spend in Seattle.
I believe that God has created me and all that exists.
He has given me and still preserves my body and soul with all their powers.
He provides me with food and clothing, home and family, daily work, and all I need from day to day.
God also protects me in time of danger and guards me from every evil.
All this he does out of fatherly and divine goodness and mercy, though I do not deserve it.
Therefore I surely ought to thank and praise, serve and obey him
This is most certainly true.